Subject: Re: serial ports
To: None <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU, port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/21/1994 08:46:02
> To: port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: serial ports
> From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 02:21:29 -0700
>
> the dca serial port actually appears to be *worse* since the 4.4 integration..
> does anyone have any ideas about this, at all? (i.e., before you could at least
> login from a dca console; now even that is impossible.)

Worse in what sense?  Dropped chars?  Generally not working?  I hacked it
quite a bit for 4.4 since I had an unbuffered serial port on my machine at
home.  I can receive at 19.2k baud without dropping chars.  It is possible
I could have broken something for buffered port (ala the 345/375/4xx).

> as well, has anyone tried the dcm drivers lately?

CSRG uses the dcm quite heavily (for their SLIP lines) on their 4.4 machines
so I wouldn't expect any major problems.