Subject: hpib disklabel problems...
To: None <port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/17/1994 15:26:56
And yet more...

# /sbin/fsck /dev/rrd2a
** /dev/rrd2a

CANNOT READ: BLK 28592
CONTINUE? [yn] y

THE FOLLOWING DISK SECTORS COULD NOT BE READ: 28592, 28593, 28594, 28595,
Floating exception (core dumped)

That's what I get after rebooting a system with options OLD_DISKLABEL on
a 7958 freshly labeled with /sbin/disklabel.

A kernel without OLD_DISKLABEL happily reports that no disklabel exists
on the same disk if it's labeled and rebooted.

The interesting bit is, I can label the disk, newfs, fsck, mount, and
modify the filesystem as long as I don't reboot, with either kernel...

Hmmm...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!