Subject: Re: procedure for bootstrapping hp300 machines
To: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/15/1994 21:58:38
On Wed, 15 Jun 94 22:40:32 -0600
 mike@cs.utah.edu (Mike Hibler) wrote:

 > What is the current procedure for bootstrapping on a 300?  I gather that
 > you try to find someone with the same type of disk and have them make an
 > image for you?  Just wondering if there has been any discussion on how to
 > provide a fairly minimal, generic image that people can boot on any disk.

I'm under the impression, BTW, that it's nearly impossible to bootstrap
from hpux, since it doesn't do disk partitioning and the filesystem is
different enough to cause problems...

(I can't wait until my 4.4tapes get here!!!!)

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!