Subject: Re: hp300 kernels....
To: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/15/1994 10:46:16
On Wed, 15 Jun 1994 08:29:29 -40962758 (MDT)
 Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca> wrote:

 > : Can you send me *new* hpib boot blocks?  That way I can get the disk off
 > : of the *slow* controller and put it on the fast one...
 >
 > Well; I'll put a new boot.lif up on fw.novatel.ca:/pub/NetBSD-hp300 or
 > something like that... It'll contain a new pboot which I believe knows what
 > hpib and fast-hpib is... It's all 4.4...

I have an idea about my kernel hang problems...I don't believe that it
gets to rdstart:

hpib0 at sc7, ipl3
rd0: 2200A
rd0 at hpib0, slave0
dca at sc9, ipl 5, flags 0x1
hpib1 at sc14, ipl4
unconfigured card id 8 at sc15
le0: hardware address 08:00:09:00:69:74
le0: at sc21, ipl 5
rd0: WARNING: no disk label, using old default partitioning
rd0: WARNING: no disk label, using old default partitioning
rd0: WARNING: no disk label, using old default partitioning

This is where it hangs...The kernel was compiled with COMPAT_NOLABEL...

If I go into ddb (by hitting the print/enter key...causes a trap...the
shift-reset combo doesn't work on the dca console...) and call rdstart
manually, the drive light blinks...It never gets that far on it's own...

Ideas?

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!