Subject: Re: 040 support.
To: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/14/1994 18:57:43
: I was hoping to upgrade my 375 (to a 380?) by popping out the 030
: daughterboard and sticking in a 33Mhz 040 (that I happen to have lying
: around).  This also requires me to change the crystal (which is easy) and
: to replace the boot roms (this is the hard part).  Does anyone know how I

hmm.. This is news to me. I was hoping to do this to my 345 since it has
the little "L" shaped daughterboard plugged into the 040 socket.  I didn't
realize there were bootprom changes required.  Also; there's a jumper on my
motherboard that's labelled "25/33"; wonder what that could mean? :-)

I was hoping to just pop in an 040 but now you lead me to think that
I'm going to have to do more surgery.

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
 "A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down."