Subject: Re: 040 support.
To: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/14/1994 15:15:43
On Tue, 14 Jun 94 16:00:48 -0600
 mike@cs.utah.edu (Mike Hibler) wrote:

 > When we looked at upgrading some old 320 bootroms to newer ones that supported
 > SCSI, we were told (by one of the CEs at the local office) they were $200 a
 > set.  That was back before the 040 though.  Maybe now they would want to
 > charge you $2000 (or whatever the cost of a CPU upgrade is) to prevent you
 > from taking the short-cut you are taking :-)  ROM upgrades used to be in the
 > price list, but probably aren't any more.  Start with your local sales/support
 > office.
 >
 > FYI: here is what our 433s has:
 >
 > 	BOOTROM  Rev. 3.11  19 NOV 91
 > 	MD11 REV 3.21 1992/02/20.15:57:25
 >
 > I'm not sure if the MD11 line is related to the rom or not...

I don't think they are...Our 433's dont say anything about them...

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!