Subject: Re: X for hp300?
To: None <hpeyerl@bock.fhf.novatel.ca, port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/01/1994 12:29:11
> Date: Fri, 1 Apr 94 11:27:43 MST
> From: hpeyerl@bock.fhf.novatel.ca (Herb Peyerl)
> To: port-hp300@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject:  X for hp300?
>
> If I remember correctly; a couple of you were working on an X server for
> NetBSD/hp300.  How is this going? Can I run it yet? :-)
>
> Hmm.. Maybe someone should start up an XFree68 group.
>
> not.
>
> H.

There has been an X11R5 server available for some time.  It was created
by Mark Davies (mark@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ) by upgrading the HP contributed X11R3
server from way back when.  The server (and diffs for other changes) for
4.4bsd are available for FTP on jaguar.cs.utah.edu:

	/otherstuff/X11R5-hp300-44bsd.tar.Z

That would be the version most closely suited to NetBSD.  It supports only
the topcat/catseye (part numbers 98544-98550) and something called the
Hyperion (A1096A).  It does not support the 98700, 98720, 98730 and later
displays.

With HP-UX compatibility mode updates from 4.4-lite, you can also run the
HP-UX 9.X server binary (assuming you have HP-UX!) which presumably will
support all 300/400 displays.