Port-evbmips archive

Re: Segfaults with latest sources

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 00:59:26 +0000 (UTC), christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos
Zoulas) wrote,

> And you said you can't get gdb to work at all, even starting the binary
> with it? Mips has not switched binutils yet, so that is not the problem.

Trying to load the core file causes 'gdb' to complain:

  ".../ftp.core" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

but I don't recall ever being able to load a core file on evbmips-mips64el,
so this is unchanged.  The cross-GDB on my build host also fails this way.

Trying to start 'ftp' under 'gdb' directly fails as follows:

1025 [sysop@chalk:~/t]$ gdb ftp
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.9.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "mips64el--netbsd".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ftp...Reading symbols from /usr/libdata/debug//usr/bin/ftp.debug...done.
done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/ftp
/x/nbsd-tst/src/external/gpl3/gdb.old/lib/libgdb/../../dist/gdb/mips-tdep.c:768: internal-error: bad register size
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y

This is a bug, please report it.  For instructions, see:

/x/nbsd-tst/src/external/gpl3/gdb.old/lib/libgdb/../../dist/gdb/mips-tdep.c:768: internal-error: bad register size
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Create a core file of GDB? (y or n) y
sorry, pid 14588 was killed: orphaned traced process
Abort (core dumped)
1026 [sysop@chalk:~/t]$

> Can you find out when that broke? Is it the most recent openssl?

OpenSSL appears not to be the issue.  It fails at some point early in
the actual data transfer, whether by HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP.  One can
manually navigate to any directory on a FTP site and 'ls' works, but
'get foo' crashes with Memory fault.

I tried 'ktruss'-ing it, but then it doesn't fail.