Port-evbmips archive

Re: Other interesting mips breakage...

Hello,

Here it segfaults at jobs.c in build.sh tools

> PR/48564: 'tar' corrupts files extracted to NFS.  I originally saw this as
> a result of bizzare modifications suggested when running 'etcupdate' on
> my NFS-root installation.  Then LOONGSON kernel build breakage, etc.
> intervened.  Finally, I sat down and analyzed what the nature of the
> data corruption was.

Any writes to nfs get corrupted. Reads are fine on Loongson but not on
( for example ) sgimips n32.
It's been like that for a while, nobody seems to know why.

Also, on sgimips, data piped between processes get corrupted. Things
like tar xzf something.tar.gz will produce garbage, but gunzip
something.tar.gz; tar xf something.tar works.

have fun
Michael