Port-evbmips archive

Which kernel for Lemote Yeeloong?

I have a Lemote Yeeloong 8101-B and have been following efforts to
support the offerings from Lemote.  The system currently dual-boots
gNewSense and OpenBSD 5.0-current from disk.

I built a recent release using "-m evbmips64el" since that seemed to
be equivalent to the OpenBSD architecture.

My usual practice for exploring new platforms or new software on familiar
platforms is to netboot and operate diskless/NFS-root.

I populated a root directory on my server using the kern-LOONGSON.tgz
kernel set, hardlinking it to my tftpboot directory.

On the Yeeloong, I dropped into PMON, set the address and booted
the kernel via tftp.

The LOONGSON kernel complained about a corrupted environment, that it
couldn't determine the platform and that it was unsupported hardware.

I next tried a GDIUM64 kernel and it seemed to go, but when it initialized
the framebuffer, I only saw about 2 lines of GALLANT12x22 displaying
memory statistics at the top of the screen (the rest of the screen was
in PMON text mode).  After this, the narrow strip across the top cleared
to white with no apparent further activity.

Sometimes it displays in white-on black and sometimes black-on-black.
(Maybe a small black light lights up black to let me know I've done
it, but can't really tell... ;)

I haven't tweaked any PMON settings (other than "moresz" to cope with
PMON's quirks when loading the OpenBSD boot program from disk).

What guidance does the list have for exploring NetBSD on the Lemote
Yeeloong?