Subject: boot netbsd on malta faild
To: None <port-evbmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Thilo Jeremias <jeremias@optushome.com.au>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 08/31/2006 20:14:05
Hi,
I tried to upload the kernel from the iso image ( netbsd.srec )

( using linux objcopy -O binary -I srec , to convert to binary and dump
onto unused swap partition)

I then used the yamon to load the image -> 8010000.
but a go then just showed some exceptions (user trap i think)

Is there anywhere a documentation how to boot the kernel on that board?

( sorry I don't know if that is a 4k or 5k mips , does that matter for
the first boot? )

Any hints are apreciated!

booting linux that way worked fine.

Does the NetBSD kernel need any other bootstrapper first ?

Would the ISO image have a cd-boot loader ?

-- I could not access the cd from within yamon, so thats why I used  linux.

cheers thilo