Subject: Re: RTC todr for mips/alchemy
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@netbsd.org>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 03/07/2006 06:21:47
Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Take a look at sys/arch/evbmips/clock.c

There is no todr_attach() function in it.
I want to add todr_attach() to it.
Because this function is defined at sys/dev/clock_subr.h.
This is a device-general function.

Would you like to look at sys/dev/clock_subr.{c,h}?

> You should probably create a custom evbmips/omsal400 directory and stick
> your RTC driver there.  You should probably model it after the aurrtc code.

OMS-AL400 has a RICOH R2025 RTC which is connected SMBus (on PSC0).
I have already committed this driver to sys/dev/i2c/r2025.c.

> In your kernel config, you must *only* have one of aurrtc or your rtc.
> multiple devices trying to clockattach() will panic.

Ok. Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,
--- shige