Subject: Re: How to implement PSC driver on Au1550
To: None <port-evbmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@netbsd.org>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 02/24/2006 01:43:44
Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> You need to get the Au1550 data sheet if you don't already have it.  Let
> me know if you need one.

Thanks.
I already have one.

> I've been planning on implementing the aupsc driver as a bus, and then
> hanging AC97, etc. off of it, as well as I2C, etc.  So your two-layer
> approach sounds good.  I haven't had time to look at it in more detail
> yet, so if you want to get started on it, that would be great.  I'm
> happy to review/test any of your work.

My current-working codes for aupsc driver attached the previous mail.
Would you like to review it?

> I also want to implement the hardware crypto portion.  Its licensed from
> safenet, so I'm not sure whether it is best to implement it as a generic
> safenet driver with an aubus attachment or to implement it as its own
> beast.  I don't have any generic safenet datasheets, so I'm not sure how
> far it diverges from their PCI chips.

Hum... I think that the first plan sounds good.
I don't have any generic datasheets, too.
IMHO, packet engine may be generic subsystem.
Implementing packet engine subsystem may be best.

> I was thinking of going ahead and committing a stub with just the RNG
> enabled for now.  It is a really trivial interface, but I have to figure
> out how to hook it up to the rnd framework in NetBSD.  (I don't have
> interrupts for RNG, so I'll need to just call it "occasionally.")

That's great. It is more useful than pseudo-rng for openssl, sshd,
and other security stuff.

> I'm looking forward to working with you on this stuff!

Thanks, I'd like to do so!

--
Kind Regards,
--- shige