Subject: Re: How to implement PSC driver on Au1550
To: Shigeyuki Fukushima <shige@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 02/23/2006 07:47:44
Hey, this is great news.

You need to get the Au1550 data sheet if you don't already have it.  Let
me know if you need one.

I've been planning on implementing the aupsc driver as a bus, and then
hanging AC97, etc. off of it, as well as I2C, etc.  So your two-layer
approach sounds good.  I haven't had time to look at it in more detail
yet, so if you want to get started on it, that would be great.  I'm
happy to review/test any of your work.

I also want to implement the hardware crypto portion.  Its licensed from
safenet, so I'm not sure whether it is best to implement it as a generic
safenet driver with an aubus attachment or to implement it as its own
beast.  I don't have any generic safenet datasheets, so I'm not sure how
far it diverges from their PCI chips.

I was thinking of going ahead and committing a stub with just the RNG
enabled for now.  It is a really trivial interface, but I have to figure
out how to hook it up to the rnd framework in NetBSD.  (I don't have
interrupts for RNG, so I'll need to just call it "occasionally.")

I'm looking forward to working with you on this stuff!

    -- Garrett

Shigeyuki Fukushima wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a port to Alchemy Au1550 and OpenMicroServer(OMS-AL400).
> OpenMicroServer is a small server box (sold at Japan).
>
> OMS-AL400 detail is the following (I'm sorry... japanese only):
>  - product brief:
>     http://www.plathome.co.jp/products/oms400/index.html
>  - hardware spec:
>     ftp://ftp.plathome.co.jp/pub/OMS400/STABLE-20051208/HardSpec.pdf
>
> On OMS-AL400, DBAU1550 code works fine. Thanks, Garrett!
> But, RTC chip doesn't work...
> This is connected to PSC(Programable Serial Controller)
> with SMBus protocol on this machine.
>
> Then, I want to develop a PSC driver.
> PSC on Au1550 supports multi-protocols (SMBus, AC97, I2S, SPI).
> I think that we needs two-layer driver.
> One is for hardware controller layer, other is for protocol layer.
>
> Would you like to give me any good idea/advice?
> Or anyone already working on it ?
>
> p.s.
> I'm interesting to implement Au1xxx SecurityEngine driver, too.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191