Subject: PCI diffs/patches & copyright
To: None <port-evbmips@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 01/26/2006 10:05:29
--nextPart3857239.ISyRMjv1mJ

=46YI,=20

I have been advised that as Tadpole Computer is now a division of General=20
Dynamics, there *may* be a need to have the copyright ownership notices in=
=20
the diffs I sent out changed.  I'm still waiting legal approval and final=20
verification of which entity should have ownership (there are at least 4=20
possibilities -- gotta love corporate politics), but I don't think there is=
=20
likely to be any reason that we won't still want it released under a 3-clau=
se=20
license.=20

(At some level, if they tried to suppress that, I suppose folks could claim=
=20
that the code had *already* been released by my earlier post, and the licen=
se=20
could not be revoked.  I would personally defend such a claim, as I had pri=
or=20
permission to release it.  Anyway, I consider it a very remote possibility,=
=20
but when lawyers get involved you can never be certain. :-)

Anyway, please do *not* commit the diffs I've posted yet (I have a CVS acco=
unt=20
now and can do so myself) until I find out if GD wants the copyright=20
ownership changed or not.

=46or the curious, Tadpole Computer was purchased last year by General Dyna=
mics,=20
who also purchased Itronix.  Tadpole's operations have largely been merged=
=20
with Itronix, so the four possible entities that could be named on a=20
copyright are:

	Tadpole Computer
	Itronix
	General Dynamics C4 Systems
	General Dynamics

We former members of Tadpole Computer are still trying to figure out who=20
exactly we work for, so I apologize for any confusion.

=2D-=20
General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191