Subject: low priority fix review...
To: None <port-evbmips@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 12/21/2005 10:20:46
I've posted a small diff to use the YAMON environment for console speed
selection, rather than a hard-coded speed.  The diff is at

http://garrett.damore.org/software/netbsd/diff.32086

The PR for this is port-evbmips/32086.

If someone wants to take a few moments to review it, that would be
great.  I've tested this diff on both DBAu1550 and DBAu1500 boards.  I
don't have any older boards to test with, but I assume that pretty much
all Alchemy boards have the modetty0 environment variable in YAMON.

For boards that don't have it, you can still define the CONSPEED
variable to force a speed.

This is likely to be useful in the future for other boards, which may
have different console speeds.  Its also useful for sites that want to
change the console speed for one reason or another.

--
Garrett D'Amore                          http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Sr. Staff Engineer          Extending the Power of 64-bit UNIX Computing