Subject: Re: How to write bootloader
To: Rishabh Kumar Goel <Rishabh@soc-soft.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 04/02/2004 15:40:53
On 2004-04-02 Rishabh@soc-soft.com wrote:

> I have a TX4938 eval board. I have ported NetBSd to it and now I m
> thinking of writing a bootloader. Is there any refernce bootloader
> available for mips or evbmips ports of netbsd.
>
> Can u guys tell me about any website where I can get any information
> about it? I m thinking of supporting Ethernet kernel download and GDB.

  If you are looking for a basic ROM bootloader example, take a look at
lcboot under sys/arch/hpcmips/stand.  This is for Vr4181 CPU.  There is
also a very minimal romboot in the same directory for a Vr4122 machine.
If you want something more complex and have the space you might consider
something like romboot to load a stripped down kernel with a md and use
kloader to load the final kernal image.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com