Subject: Re: Malta-4Kc> Compilation, self-build kernel fails
To: GIRISH V. GULAWANI <girishvg@yahoo.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-evbmips
Date: 05/31/2002 15:15:53
"GIRISH V. GULAWANI" wrote:

> I've finally got down to make Malta-4Kc run NetBSD. To
> begin with I installed NetBSD 1.5.2 from Wasabi CD on
> a PC. Cross toolchain along with source code is also
> installed. The base source version 1.5.2 is from
> Wasabi CD. The arch/mips & arch/evbmips tree is
> downloaded from CVS web. I understand that there is a
> version mismatch in source code.

This version mismatch is what will definitely cause you problems.  There
are vast differences between the 1.5.2 release and the current source
tree.

> First of all I could not find a binary snapshot of
> kernel for Malta, as announced by Wasabi. The evbmips
> doesn't even exist in FTP sites. However the source
> code is present in CVS-web.

Hmm.  I'll check up on that.

> QUE: WHERE TO GET CORRECT VERSION SOURCE CODE??

The tar files under pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src
on ftp.netbsd.org or anoncvs (look at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs) would be the
best place to start.

> QUE: WHETHER CVS-WEB VERSION OF evbmips IS LATEST &
> WORKING??

I last compiled and used the evbmips port on the Malta about two weeks
ago.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/