Port-dreamcast archive

Re: Alternate network and local storage for the Dreamcast

On 30 October 2014 16:56, Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> The purpose of my SDMMC mod is to make it easier to load
> debug kernels for the board without burning CD-R coasters...

While the performance would be quite poor it would be nice if NetBSD
had support for one of the generic serial/SD adaptors which are
cheaply orderable from China.

http://www.theisozone.com/tutorials/dreamcast/hardware-and-modding/how-to-buybuild-a-dreamcast-sandisk-adapter/

I would be delighted to buy & ship a couple to someone interested in
taking that on :)

On the testing kernels front - it would be nice if NetBSD/dreamcast
supported kloader to load a new kernel from the existing one -
obviously only really useful to someone with a BBA or other
network/writable storage option :-p

David