Subject: Re: Repeatable crashes
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org, port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/13/2005 01:18:10
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:44:03AM +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 04:33:44 +0400, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
>
> > I'd like to remove the _cpu_exception_*() from mmu_sh3.c.
> >
> > I will test if keeping it in mmu.c doesn't cause problems for sh3, but
> > can someone please also test if removing it from mmu.c doesn't cause
> > problems for sh4?  I wonder how _cpu_exception_*() helps a single
> >
> >     _reg_write_4(SH_(PTEH), asid);
> >

> > I will request pullup for 3.x then.
>
> The change to mmu_sh3.c is committed and pulled up to 3.x.  Can
> someone please test if mmu.c can be reverted w/out breaking dc?

Ok, I finally got my Dreamcast up and running again for the first time
since around Christmas.  Right now it's running NetBSD-3.99.1 as of
Mar 25.  For the moment I'd just like to build a few larger packages
over night and see how stable it runs with Izumi's MMU changes from
December, then I'll happily test what you asked for.

What exactly do you need me to do?  Just revert the commit to mmu.c
from December 30 and see if I get crashes?  Or should I first upgrade
to a recent current (after Apr 05), see what happens, then back out
Izumi's commit to mmu.c and test again?

bye,
  Harold