Subject: Re: Stability of 2.0_RCx?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/09/2004 21:59:29
Hi,

> From: Andy Ruhl [mailto:acruhl@gmail.com]
>
> There is a NetBSD-2.0 directory out on the FTP site with kernels and
> userlands... It might make sense to use that instead of compiling your
> own since that will be a known baseline. I keep meaning to set up an
> nfs server with this stuff and boot the dreamcast (it's been a while
> now) but I haven't done it. When (if) I get it running I'll do some
> checking to see if it works.

I've just tried the kernel from the ftp with BBA adapter, and it still
reboots.
This was using my userland.

> Note that if you have a buggy network or network adapter, all bets are
> off if you are swapping. With 16 megs of memory on the dreamcast, it's
> probably very likely you are swapping. And I'm not sure you'd ever
> know if the network was giving you problems unless you want to go
> through a dump to find out...

Hmm, what do you mean with the network "giving problems"? I've tried
with 2 different network adapters and it happens with both. So the
adapters themselves shouldn't be the problem.

regards,
chris