Subject: NFS root hang
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/22/2004 14:41:29
    ar> now it hangs somwhere after "prepostorous clock chip setting"
    ar> but I don't know where (I need a VGA adapter I think).

I had a similar problem with an NFS-rooted 2.0_BETA iMac.  The NFS
root client would hang somewhere in the startup process.  The problem
went away when I changed the NFS server from a 2.0_BETA sparc64
(didn't work) to a Solaris 9 sparc64 (worked).  Also, a 1.6ZG alpha
works as the NFS server.

What is your NFS server?  Do you use the NFS server for other things?

You can see if your problem is the same as mine by using tcpdump---you
should see the NFS retransmits after it hangs.

good chance that you have a different problem, though.

--
Le fascisme est la dictature ouverte de la bourgeoisie.
		-- Georg Dimitrov