Subject: Re: File Size
To: Michael Robinson <mhr_54@cox.net>
From: ePAc <epac@korigan.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/24/2004 14:02:35
GDRoms (the special disks for the dreamcast) are capable of storing either
1G or so but those media were only available to SEGA registered developers
(=game devr's with big money and dev kits) and only from SEGA.  Unless you
manage to find of those modified yamaha disk and some media (good luck!),
you won't be able to store that much. the "homebrew" stuff and the
(illegal)  backup/munged games were fitting on 80Min CDs, so about 800M of
raw data.

hope this helps...

Jok
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Michael Robinson wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:13:07 -0500
> From: Michael Robinson <mhr_54@cox.net>
> To: port-dreamcast@NetBSD.org
> Subject: File Size
>
> How many megabytes of data are typically stored on a CD for a Dreamcast
> game?  I'm thinking about saving them to disk and want to know how much
> space they'll take up.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Robinson
> (mrobinson@fuzzymuzzle.com)
> (www.fuzzymuzzle.com)

---
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...
  oo
,(..)\
  ~~