Subject: Re: dreamcast hd mod or ram upgrades?
To: NetBSD/dreamcast <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/19/2004 08:49:27
--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

* Jonathan Anthony <jonathan@jonathan.abda.net> [2004-01-19 08:34:27]:
> Hi, I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of a hack/mod to upgrade the ram=
 on
> a dreamcast, or also if anyone's ever added a hard drive to a dreamcast.

The latter is in the NetBSD/dreamcast FAQ. Yes, it's possible.

> As well, I'd love to hear if anyone's been able to run any versions of
> xwindows on their dreamcast/netbsd box.  (despite the 16meg ram limitatio=
n)

X Windows is running, a snapshot is available here:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/dreamcast/snapshot/20031210/

See the mail archives for the status.

Matt
--=20
"Accept anything. Then explain it your way."

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--