Subject: Re: Updated boot(8) man page
To: None <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/10/2003 01:32:37
In article <yf93chfllih.fsf@mc.pp.se>
marcus@mc.pp.se wrote:

> Btw, it should be possible to pass RTC_OFFSET as well, so that you
> don't have to compile your own kernel just to get the right timezone.
> Can the bootinfo structures handle this?  Where are they defined?

struct bootinfo is defined in machine dependent <machine/bootinfo.h>.
On hpcsh, the header is sys/arch/hpc/include/bootinfo.h, and
it is prepared in sys/arch/hpc/hpc/kloader.c:kloader_bootinfo_set()
and parsed in sys/arch/hpcsh/hpcsh/machdep.c:machine_startup().

We could pass RTC_OFFSET via bootinfo, but IIRC there is
no port which uses RTC_OFFSET passed from bootloader.
(maybe because there is no generic way to detect proper RTC_OFFSET
 in bootloader which prepares bootinfo structures.)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp