Subject: Re: Updated boot(8) man page
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/09/2003 15:10:03
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:

> I've recently committed "options KLOADER" support for dreamcast
> written by UCHIYAMA Yasushi. KLOADER allows running kernel
> i.e. you can specify a filename of a new kernel to be
> booted on reboot(8) command like "# reboot /netbsd.new"
> and then running kernel loads the new kernel and executes it.

We should really make a bootloader program that can be put inside a
ramdisk in a KLOADER kernel and put on a CD, which will get the kernel
via TFTP, NFS, or whatever depending on settings saved on a memory
card.  I've been thinking a bit about it and it should be possible to
make something nice this way.

Is it possible to tell KLOADER which root filesystem to use as well?

  // Marcus