Subject: DiscJuggler Image
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/08/2003 04:02:41
Does anyone on the list still have a copy of the old DiscJuggler image that
would prompt you for a root filesystem? I'm realizing, as I flesh out the
boot(8) man page, that I don't know of any other bootable CD that will
prompt you like that -- which, to the best of my understanding, is the only
way to use a static filesystem on a CD.

If no one has this image, can someone kindly point out to me how one would
set up a kernel that prompts for a filesystem and/or looks for the
filesystem on the gdrom? I seem to remember it being a kernel config option,
but looking through my config files, I'm not really seeing anything
familiar.

BTW, expect to see a mostly-finished boot(8) man page in about an hour. For
anyone who might want to read it, but isn't familiar with formatting raw
manpages, simply use "groff -Tascii -man boot.8 | more" to view it.

Alex Kirk