Subject: Re: gdrom interface
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Philippe Saint-Jacques <h0ho@hotmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/07/2003 16:04:19
> Nik Reiman <nik@aboleo.net> writes:
>
> > Yeah, this link definitely seems to be more informative, although I'm
> > not sure if I would trust a circuit diagram written by
> > "bITmASTER32". ;)  Most everything I'm finding would seem to indicate
> > that people are using IDE hard drives, so I would assume that the
> > gdrom is on an IDE bus of sorts.  Not 100% sure about that, though.

> The solution used by bITmASTER is to build an IDE interface and
> connect it to the expansion port, so it doesn't use the gdrom
> interface at all.
>

>   // Marcus

I know this. I'm sorry that I wasn't more specific in my question. It leaded
to answers I did not wanted to hear ;) .

 I know we can use the expansion port to hook-up a IDE / ISA interface, as
BitMaster32 did. I plan to make such a board in the upcoming days. This can
be uses to attach wd* and/or ATAPI devices.

But my question was specifically directed to the connector that connects the
GD-ROM drive to the motherboard, inside the dreamcast. I ask what kind of
bus it is. Here I put pictures on my gate so you can see.

GD-ROM unit. http://neutr1n0x.no-ip.org/dc/GD-ROM.JPG
connector on the GD-ROM. [Top right]
http://neutr1n0x.no-ip.org/dc/gd-rom-sw1.jpg
connector on the Motherboard. http://neutr1n0x.no-ip.org/dc/MB-ports.jpg

Where can I get the connector's pinouts and if it is possible to use another
storage device instead of the GD-ROM plugged into that particular port.
Again light me up and I'll be happy :)