Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22dumpbase=22?=
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/25/2003 02:46:12
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-8826-1046141177-0001

I've noticed, going through packages, that often my system spends several
hours (5+ in this particular case) on a call like the following:

root    9017  1.5 36.3 27468 5948 ??  D     9:44PM 15:44.53 /usr/libexec/cc1
/var/tmp/ccdAAIZ7.i -quiet -dumpbase runtime.c -

(Note that my time is *way* off here, and the line truncated in "ps aux")

It's rather frustrating, because the CPU slows way down, the memory is
hogged, and I've never seen one finish. I have no idea what this is all
about, not knowing much about the compiling process. Any thoughts?

Alex Kirk