Subject: Netboot Guide Status
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/17/2003 23:03:27
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-335-1045523012-0001

Since the chatter of early last week about re-doing the netboot guide seems
to have died away to nothing, I wanted to check up on status with people and
see what, if anything, is being done.

First off, Harold, I read your post from August on what needs to be done to
boot up a DC...and while it's got some useful information, some of those
details have changed since then, and it's not a terribly accessible document
(it's pretty good on details, but not much of a read). It's certainly worth
referring to in creating further documentation.

Neil, have you been able to do anything up about the various protocols
involved and how they fit together?

Andy, have you thought at all about a step-by-step or how to ask informed
questions?

I'm going to be starting this thread up on netbsd-docs@netbsd.org soon,
since I'd like to see *something* happen with it, but I figured it'd be best
to see what everyone here was doing/thinking first.

Alex Kirk