Subject: Re: build aborts in regress/lib/libpthread/sem
To: None <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/13/2003 20:44:08
In article <200302131036.LAA31403@panther.aladdin.de>
cpg@aladdin.de wrote:

> >Nether I'm a VM guru, but in this case the buffer address passed from
> >MI mb86964.c is kernel mbufs' one, so it would never be paged out.
>
> Hmm, then why does the patch make a difference? My idea was because of
> memory been paged out, the page not present exception was the
> problem.

I guess the difference is the period between
_cpu_exception_suspend() and _cpu_exception_resume().

In arch/sh3/sh3/locore_subr.S:_cpu_exception_suspend():

/*
 * u_int32_t _cpu_exception_suspend(void):
 *      Block exception (SR.BL). if external interrupt raise, pending interrupt.
 *      if exception occur, jump to 0xa0000000 (hard reset).
 */

That's why I asked using _cpu_exception_suspend() here is really OK.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsuI@ceres.dti.ne.jp