Subject: Re: NetBSD Guide help
To: Michael Robinson <mhr_54@cox.net>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/10/2003 16:32:54
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-21208-1044894779-0001

> For /etc/dhcpd.conf does it mean put dhcpd.conf in the dreamcast's world
> /etc directory or in the nfs server's /etc directory?

As Izumi said, in the NFS server's /etc. Think about this for a minute --
before DHCP setup occurs, there's very little a client can do, so you'd need
this sort of config on the server's end.

> I don't understand the purpose of this step, what's it trying to tell me to
> do?

It's telling you to create directories on your NFS server that you will
export to the client. I'm going to have to agree with Izumi here and say
that you should probably get familiar with NFS in general here, this concept
is not Dreamcast-specific.

> This may not be directly related to this guide, but what editor should I use
> to create these two files? This may also not be related but what is dhcpd,
> is it some type of dhcp program?

vi or emacs, any text editor will do; DHCP Daemon; and dude, go RTMs,
there's lots of good documentation on this stuff out here. We'll be happy to
help with any Dreamcast-specific stuff, but you ought to have at least a
grasp on the basics of UNIX-generic things like this.

Alex Kirk