Subject: Re: DB prompt
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: ePAc <epac@korigan.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/08/2003 18:09:29
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Alex Kirk wrote:

> Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 05:12:35 GMT
> From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
> To: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
> Cc: port-dreamcast@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: DB prompt
>
> > My DC is currently sitting at a debug prompt.
> >
> > panic: tlb_handler: invalid user-space access from kernel mode
> > va=0x00000000 ssr=0x400000f0 lwp=0x8c832794 onfault=0x0c0ecefa
> >
> > Stopped in pid 16578.1 (python) at 0x8c0eae0a
> > mov r14, r15
> >
> > It was doing a python22-pth build from pkgsrc at it made it as far as
> > executing the compiled binary.  Not sure why executing the binary is part of
> > the build...

I beleive that python is compiled from C source (base package), but that a
number of "modules" or "Extensions" are precompiled (ala java) modules.
That would be why it is running python as part of the build :o)

Just in case someone is curious about it..

Jok

---
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...
  oo
,(..)\
  ~~