Subject: lpthread error on latest sources
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/08/2003 15:31:56
This is probably one of those DUH! moments, but I
figured I would share it anyway.

I'm trying to cross build a new world and kernel on a
1.6 i386 mahcine, and I came across this. I knew
pthreads were broken when trying to compile them under
pkgsrc, and it doesn't surprise me that there are also
problems with the userland now that they've been
merged into -current.

Here it is:

/home/andy/netbsd/tools/bin/shle--netbsdelf-gcc   -o
barrier1 -nostdlib
-Wl,-rpath-link,/home/andy/netbsd/cross/lib:/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib
 -L/home/andy/netbsd/cross/lib
/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib/crt0.o
/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib/crti.o
/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib/crtbegin.o barrier1.o
-lpthread -L/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib  -lgcc -lc
-lgcc /home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib/crtend.o
/home/andy/netbsd/cross/usr/lib/crtn.o
/home/andy/netbsd/tools/shle--netbsdelf/bin/ld: cannot
find -lpthread
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in
/home/andy/netbsd/src/regress/lib/libpthread/barrier1
*** Error code 1

Any way to fix this?

Andy