Subject: Re: DB prompt
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/08/2003 01:20:53
<snip>

On February 8, 2003 12:12 am, Alex Kirk wrote:

> Interesting, since I had a system freeze during the build of
> /usr/pkgsrc/lang/python22 today. While I don't know enough about kernel
> panics to debug this, I'd be interested in seeing your kernel config; I=
'd
> like to see what I'm doing wrong to not get prompts like that.
>
> Alex Kirk

My Kernel config is just the GENERIC one I built using my FreeBSD=20
cross-compiler environment.  I haven't tried building the normal python p=
ort=20
like you did yet.  The one that crashed for me was=20
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/python22-pth  (GNU Portable Thread library version). I k=
now=20
python uses threads, and that threaded programs seem to be the ones causi=
ng=20
problems when building packages, so I hoped the pth version would go thro=
ugh=20
for me.

I can compile a kernel for you from my own environment but I'm not sure i=
t=20
would help with your hard crashing issues.

- Pat