Subject: Re: DB prompt
To: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/08/2003 05:12:35
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-28225-1044681160-0001

> My DC is currently sitting at a debug prompt.
>
> panic: tlb_handler: invalid user-space access from kernel mode
> va=0x00000000 ssr=0x400000f0 lwp=0x8c832794 onfault=0x0c0ecefa
>
> Stopped in pid 16578.1 (python) at 0x8c0eae0a
> mov r14, r15
>
> It was doing a python22-pth build from pkgsrc at it made it as far as
> executing the compiled binary.  Not sure why executing the binary is part of
> the build...

Interesting, since I had a system freeze during the build of
/usr/pkgsrc/lang/python22 today. While I don't know enough about kernel
panics to debug this, I'd be interested in seeing your kernel config; I'd
like to see what I'm doing wrong to not get prompts like that.

Alex Kirk