Subject: mmem woes
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2003 16:29:05
Hi,

with

  mmem*           at maple? port ? subunit ?

in my kernel, I get the following in the kernel message buffer
when booting with a VMS unit plugged into my joypad:

mmem0 detached
mapleA1 at maple0 port 0 subunit 1: Visual Memory
mmem0 at mapleA1 function 1: Memory card
mmem0: 1 part, 512 bytes/block, 4 acc/write, 1 acc/read
mmem0.0: 128 KB, blk 255 0, inf 255, fat 254 1, dir 253 13, icon 8, data 241
mmem0 detached
mapleA1 at maple0 port 0 subunit 1: Visual Memory
mmem0 at mapleA1 function 1: Memory card
mmem0: 1 part, 512 bytes/block, 4 acc/write, 1 acc/read
mmem0.0: 128 KB, blk 255 0, inf 255, fat 254 1, dir 253 13, icon 8, data 241

These messages repeat all the time.  Also, I am unable to do
anything with it, like dd away from it, since it gets detached
too quickly again.

All of this happens with an _unofficial_ VMS unit (I think it's a
Nexus 16M Memory card, but I can't check that right now, since
I'm not at home).  I'll try booting without the VMS unit and
plugging it in after it has booted tonight as well.

bye,
  Harold