Subject: DC World on Solaris
To: Port-Dreamcast <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Robinson <mhr_54@cox.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2003 08:38:37
    Is it possible to run DC's world on an Ultra 2 running Solaris 8.  This
computer would do a great job with that, but I need Solaris installed for
other programs and utilities.  I've configured my Solaris box for DC
development by installing a CD-RW which annoyingly you couldn't buy of Sun's
site and I've finally got CDRecord installed.  I don't know if any of you
are familiar with System V compared to BSD but I'll ask you anyways.
Solaris recognizes and can read from the drive but when I type
cdrecord -scanbus it only shows my two hard drives.  Do I need to mount the
CD drive somehow?  Can you mount unformatted CD-R media?

Thanks,
Michael