Subject: Re: Lan Adapter MTU
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Pat Wendorf <mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2003 01:32:30
I know it's lame to reply to my own email but..

I found a way to do this without tweaking the MTU:

Change the sysctl values to the following:

net.inet.tcp.sendspace=3D4096
net.inet.tcp.recvspace=3D4096
net.inet.udp.sendspace=3D4096
net.inet.udp.recvspace=3D4096
net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=3D0

I'll be honest and say I don't know exactly what they do, but I guessed t=
hey=20
were buffer sizes for TCP and UDP, and the last disables large TCP window=
s.

The networking is very solid and seems very responsive now.  Before this =
I=20
could trigger a reboot by serving the "powered by" logo in apache, or try=
ing=20
to scp a large file to another machine.  I'm sure a large ICMP packet cou=
ld=20
still mung the system, so avoid that :)

- Pat