Subject: Re: build aborts in regress/lib/libpthread/sem
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/07/2003 00:11:55
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:01:33AM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/06/2003 11:50:43 PM CET Harold Gutch wrote:
> >
> >On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:29:11PM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> >> Do you have the changes Izumi Tsutsui applied yesterday already in
> >> your sources? If yes, maybe this was the real problem...
> >>
> >> Anyway, try to do some reboots (let's say 10) in succession and check
> >> if in all of them the network (Lan Adapter) works.
> >
> >It doesn't, about once in two boots it reboots and I have to
> >upload my kernel to it again.  But that's with a vanilla
>
> Oops. I don't know about reboots, I only know about it failing to
> mount root (not getting response from BOOTP/DHCP). The symptom is
> repeated messages of
>
> mbe0: device timeout
>

> At which point in the boot process does it reboot?

Actually I haven't watched the console/TV for that.  I uploaded
my kernel to the Dreamcast, it executed it and I started pinging
the Dreamcast's IP-address.  After something like 50 seconds, I
got ping replies, but with a RTT of ~2ms (that's the normal RTT I
get when pinging the Dreamcast running ip-load - as opposed to
~0.3ms when it's running NetBSD).  In this case I send the kernel
to it again and again, until it boots NetBSD, which I just had to
do 3 times.

I'll try to notice where it reboots.

bye,
  Harold