Subject: Re: Packaging Questions
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/06/2003 22:40:17
Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com> wrote:

> >I'd suggest creating a sandbox for your builds.  See
> >/usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt for details on how to set up a sandboxed
> >bulk-build.  Note that this approach can also be used to build
> >individual packages (ie non-bulk).
>
> I'd read Packages.txt before starting, and took its advice about creating
> an /etc/mk.conf. I'd set up these variables before starting:
>
> WRKOBJDIR=      /home/alex/pkg-build
> LOCALBASE?=     /home/alex/pkg-build
>
> Is this what you mean by a "sandboxed" build?

No, I ment setting up a directory in which you create all the files
necessary to chroot into, so that to the system it looks like an
independent system.  See Packages.txt, section 3.2.6.

That is what is referred to as a sandbox, since that's where the
pkgsrc-bulk-build can go and play without affecting your normal system.

-Jan

--
Except most of the good bits were about frogs, I remember that.
You would not believe some of the things about frogs.