Subject: Re: Packaging Questions
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/06/2003 21:16:50
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-17398-1044566215-0001

Just finishing this up here because I started it here, and because the
answer should be pretty straightforward.

> I'd suggest creating a sandbox for your builds.  See
> /usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt for details on how to set up a sandboxed
> bulk-build.  Note that this approach can also be used to build
> individual packages (ie non-bulk).

I'd read Packages.txt before starting, and took its advice about creating an
/etc/mk.conf. I'd set up these variables before starting:

WRKOBJDIR=      /home/alex/pkg-build
LOCALBASE?=     /home/alex/pkg-build

Is this what you mean by a "sandboxed" build? It makes sense, since that's
where all of the workfiles are, but I just wanted confirmation. Also, to
conserve disk space, can I clean out directories from this tree?

Alex Kirk