Subject: Re: build aborts in regress/lib/libpthread/sem
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/04/2003 17:35:59
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:32:34PM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 02/04/2003 05:06:06 PM CET Harold Gutch wrote:
> >
> >My last dreamcast build a few days ago (which succeeded because I
> >skipped the regress-parts) didn't boot, it instead printed loads
> >of error-messages in some loop (didn't look like a panic() ) just
> >after detecting my LAN-adapter (that was using the GENERIC
> >kernel).  I didn't bother filing a PR or mentioning this here,
> >since I assumed it was somehow related to the non-working
> >pthreads on SH3 (see PR port-sh3/19953).
> >
> >Do fairly recent builds work for you?  In that case I will run
> >another build tonight or tomorrow (and write down the errors I
> >get when booting).
>
> My kernel from a few days ago boots, but usermode was still from a
> month or so ago.

Interesting.  I suppose that's also with a LAN-adapter, right?
Is that with a GENERIC kernel or with your own - and if it's the
latter, would you mind giving me your configfile?  That would
save me quite some time cleaning GENERIC up and finding whatever
is the cause for my boot-failures.

bye,
  Harold