Subject: Re: Packages
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/02/2003 11:10:35
On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 04:50:49AM +0000, Alex Kirk wrote:
> I took your advice and used the script referenced in
> /usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt to do a bulk build. I got about 3% of the way
> through when textproc/sp (I believe) froze my system.
>
> I followed the instructions to do a restart of the build, since it had
> already been some 5 hours or more, and every single package whined that
> "/home/alex/pkg-build/bin/digest: not found" (I had to customize some paths
> to deal with disk space issues). Is there anything that can be done here,
> or do I need to just restart from scratch? I mean, since I was only 3% in,
> I'll probably start fresh anyway -- an overnight response would waste more
> time -- but it'd be good to know in case I had to restart from 50% in or
> more.

Did textproc/sp freeze your system totally? At which point?

I would do:
	echo "broken" > /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/sp/.broken.ARCH.html

where .broken.ARCH.html is the approriate broken file name. And then
restart the build with
sh mk/bulk/build restart

Not sure what is causing your digest problem though.

best wishes,
Chris