Subject: Re: Package Database
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/01/2003 17:14:11
This is a mimegpg-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_mimegpg-www-17629-1044119656-0001

Andy R writes:

> --- Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com> wrote:
>> OK, the database was pretty easy to set up. To see
>> it in action, go over to
>> http://www.schnarff.com/netbsd/pkg-list.pl. Feel
>> free to use the link on the
>> bottom to add any packages you've compiled;
>> hopefully we can get the whole
>> collection taken care of shortly!
>
> Alex, I'm not sure I understand what your process is
> yet, but I'll look into it.

The point is to have a place where we can all report the status of package
building -- so we know which packages are broken & which ones work, and
which ones others have already done so we don't duplicate work. Basically,
if you use the little form over at www.schnarff.com/netbsd/pkg-add.html once
you build a package, it'll go into the database and everyone can check on
it.

> In the meantime, something's come up and I don't know
> how much time I'll have for this today. But I'll try
> to get back to it later on.

No big hurry...this *is* a volunteer effort, after all. ;-)

> This is pretty neat that we are doing this. I really
> hope they can get this thing semi-stable so that it
> will be more of a "real" platform. With the work Josh
> has done, at least it is semi easy to get a running
> system. Now if these network adapters were just easier
> to come by... We'd probably have a stable platform by
> now!

Very much agreed. Hopefully this will help legitimize Dreamcast!

Alex Kirk