Subject: Re: Updated HOWTO
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/26/2002 15:55:55
>> Just going from my OpenBSD experience there. I'll make a note of the
>> difference between OSes.
>
> Funny to hear they're different from NetBSD.

The same syntax may well work in both places; I just got the "maproot" piece
from OpenBSD man pages.

> Um well, they start lockd and statd, two NFS-related daemons for NFS
> locking and something else - dunno. ;)

I guess the reason I'd not heard of them is that they're not in OpenBSD (at
least as of 3.0). I couldn't find anything on them on my systems, but "man
(stat|lock)d" came right up on the Dreamcast.

>> I'll get cracking on that once the HOWTO is in good shape.
>
> OK!

Good timing on your post, BTW -- I'm just getting ready to send you the
updated files (which I'll do off-list).

Alex Kirk