Subject: Re: Updated HOWTO
To: Andrew Freedman <andrew.freedman@bigpond.com>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/26/2002 14:23:27
Andrew,

> That howto.list is actually a plain HTML document (it isn't really
> supposed to be) so there isn't much point in running make over it
> anyway.

That's what it seemed like -- I figured something was wrong. Your URLs
should be quite useful there, though. :-)

> Please do, I started compiling questions and answers chronologically but
> didn't get tremendously far so any additions would be very welcome.
> However, I think it's going to end up large enough that a more
> structured, section-based layout will be required so there may end up as
> much work in layout and formatting as in Q&A writing.

That's a very good point, actually. I'm thinking that logical sections would
be:

1) CD Burning
2) Where's the files? (i.e. where to get a kernel/world)
3) Setting up NFS/DHCP/etc
4) Miscellani

Those are just off the top of my head, so any futher thoughts would be
appreciated.

Alex Kirk