Subject: Re: LAN Adapter driver
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/24/2002 23:21:40
In article <yf9smzz8r6l.fsf@mc.pp.se>
marcus@mc.pp.se wrote:

> > - It should have its own all bus_space functions rather than
> >   overriding functions in g2bus_bus_mem.c.
> >   (Does it require G2_LOCK/G2_UNLOCK?)
>
> Since the Lan Adapter is connected to the G2 bus, it needs to use
> g2bus_bus_mem_{read,write}_? to access the actual hardware.

Each device could have independent bus_space(9) functions
even if they are on the same bus.
(See sys/arch/mac68k/obio/wdc_obio.c etc.)

Anyway, Broadband Adapter is connected over gapspci bridge,
so it should have own bus_space functions, I think.
Lan Adapter has "sparse" address space, so it requires "stride"
support if you would like to share bus_space among all devices.W
BTW, wdc adapter made by Kiyoshi Ikehara also requires different
bus_space functions.

> Then
> these functions will call G2_LOCK/G2_UNLOCK for it.

Do you mean all devices on g2bus have to call G2_LOCK and G2_UNLOCK?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp