Subject: Re: Permissions on swap
To: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/23/2002 14:58:55
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 02:20:32PM -0700, Andy R wrote:

> If you don't mind, spell this out for me if you would.
> Are you saying that this swapfile is in the root
> directory of the dreamcast filesystem, and it "just
> works" because it mounts swap just after the root fs
> gets mounted so it can find the swap file?

Right.  I am exporting /u1/dreamcast from my nfs server.  So the dreamcast's
swap file is /u1/dreamcast/.swap and is available as soon as / is mounted
on my dreamcast.  This means it is there when /etc/rc starts.  If I boot
single user (and want swap for something), I can just do "swapctl -A" after
mounting / read-write.

> If that's the case, makes total sense and I'll
> probably change my scheme.

It seems easier, and I am not aware of any issues with doing it this way.

-Andrew