Subject: Re: Permissions on swap
To: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/23/2002 09:58:04
--- Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> 	Do a mount. You'll probably see that the closest
> "best fit" nfs
> export will be /home. If you export /home to your
> Dreamcast with -alldirs,
> you should be able to mount the swap file. Make sure
> you only export to
> the Dreamcast (or whatever other machines you want
> to see it, too).

Yeah, this just occurred to me this morning when I was
reading through my stuff. If I just exported the
entire dreamcast directory with -alldirs, no other
exports would be necessary.

Getting back to what was said before.

You could probably maintain your own distribution and
kernel and keep your FAQ all the same. That shouldn't
hurt anyone too much. All of my changes I have
documented anyway.

BUT, wouldn't it be better to just hand someone what
you have now, and then have a list of directions
telling them how to build and burn their own kernel,
then boot that, then build the world just like any
other NetBSD box? Again, mine is quite stable and I
think it would work. I've built Perl and some other
big stuff from pkgsrc... I think setting the adapter
to 10baseT and using a big swap file is key to this.

Anyway, thanks again for your input, it's been good.

Andy